MBChB, BSc, FRCSEd (Paediatric Surgery)
I am interested in the full scope of paediatric surgical practice but my main areas of interest are:
Minimal access surgery, particularly neonatal thoracoscopic and laparoscopic surgery
Thoracic surgery, including lung resections, mediastinal and oesophageal surgery
Surgical management of Intestinal Failure. I work in a multidisciplinary team as part of the National Intestinal Failure Network
• Edinburgh University Medical School, United Kingdom
• Surgical training : Adult surgery - Edinburgh; Paediatric Surgery and Urology - Edinburgh and Glasgow (Scotland), Newcastle-upon-Tyne (England) and Auckland (NZ)
• Fellowship in Paediatric Surgery - Auckland NZ.
• Fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh (FRCSEd)
• New Zealand Society of Paediatric Surgeons (Secretary)
• British Assocation of Paediatric Surgeons (member)
• International Paediatric Endosurgery Group (member)
• Service Clinical Director, Department of Paediatric Surgery, Starship Children’s Hospital
• Visiting Paediatric Surgeon, Tupua Tamasese Meaole Hospital, Apia, Samoa
I was born and brought up in central Scotland and completed my Undergraduate and Postgraduate education in the UK. After my Fellowship in Paediatric Surgery at Starship Children’s Hospital between 2006-2007, I returned to Edinburgh to complete my training and took up a Consultant position at the Royal Hospital for Sick Children in Edinburgh in 2008. I returned to New Zealand with my family the following year to take up a Consultant Paediatric Surgeon and Urologist position at Starship. I was appointed Service Clinical Director for Paediatric Surgery at Starship in 2014.