MbChB (SA) MRCP (UK) FCP (SA) FRACP
Areas of Expertise:
• General paediatrics
• Interest in developmental paediatrics, including assessment for Developmental Delays, Autism Spectrum Disorder, ADHD and learning difficulties.
• University of Cape Town Medical School, South Africa
• Paediatric training started in the United Kingdom with rotations through a number of London teaching hospitals including The Royal Free Hospital, University College Hospital, St Mary’s Hospital and Great Ormond Street Hospital for Sick Children. and completed at the Red Cross Children’s Hospital, Cape Town.
In addition to my role as a paediatrician at Kidzhealth, I am currently employed by Kidz First, Middlemore Hospital (CMDHB) in a community paediatric role, seeing children in an outpatient setting. This includes general and developmental paediatric clinics. We work closely with our allied health colleagues from the Child Development Team, liaise with schools and Ministry of Education, NASC and other agencies to meet the needs of our children with complex medical, behavioural and educational needs.
• Fellow of the College of Physicians South Africa
• Member of the Royal College of Physicians, UK
• Fellow of the Royal Australasian College of Physicians
• Member of the New Zealand Paediatric Society
I was born and raised in Johannesburg South Africa and completed my undergraduate training and internship in Cape Town (1993). I then travelled to the United Kingdom, starting my postgraduate education in paediatrics which I then completed in Cape Town South Africa. ( 1994 – 2002) I travelled with my family to Abu Dhabi, UAE for 2 years, where I worked as a paediatrician in the private sector before returning to South Africa. In 1997 I moved with my family to Auckland New Zealand where I took up my current position as a paediatric consultant at Kidz First, Middlemore Hospital.